Thursday, August 18, 2011

Joining OWASP Board

The 2011 OWASP elections have concluded. I'm thrilled to have the support and backing of the OWASP community as they've voted me to one of the three board positions.

For readers of my blog that aren't already aware of OWASP, this is a worldwide non-profit & open source organization with the mission of improving the state of application security.  This translates to an incredibly talented group of security experts all working towards a common good.

Open source, free from corporate control, free to the world - what more could you ask for?

I've been a long time OWASP supporter, have led and contributed to several projects, spoken at numerous conferences in the US and Europe and now I am excited to continue advancing the mission of OWASP through my efforts on the board.

I'd love to hear people's goals and ideas for OWASP. But as a volunteer community that empowers everyone, I'd more like to see you take those ideas and run with them!  OWASP is a community of action and on the OWASP board I will work to empower individuals around the world with the resources, audience, and tools that are needed to continue producing top notch security materials.

Take a moment and help contribute to the OWASP mission.

How can you help?

-Michael Coates - @_mwc